- Access to the computer lab is regulated via a key register that is kept by the porter of the FH-building. Only authorized users may borrow the key for the computer lab. To receive the key, users have to present a valid photo identification.
- Admission to the key register requires the participation in a single instruction session.
- The loan is recorded in a signed document.
- The borrower is the responsible person.
- In case of loss of the key, all associated expense is to be met by the responsible person.
- Eating, drinking and smoking are not allowed in the computer pool.
- The provided hard- and software may only be used for purposes of teaching and research.
- Every user is required to treat hardware, software and data carefully and responsible.
- The provided hard- and software has to be checked for damages before use. Any damage has to be reported immediately.
- It is not allowed to install any personal software on the devices.
- The remove of devices, cables and accessories is prohibited.
- Laptops can be charged at the provided plug sockets. The use of a network cable may only be allowed after previous consultation.
- The use of storage media (USB flash drives, blank CD, etc.) is permitted.
- The user has to ensure that these are virus-free.
- Damages due to their use have to be reported immediately. The user has to bear the cost of damages.
- The workstations are for the use of one person each.
- Backup of personal data is not provided.
- The computers and the printer have to be shut down after use.
- When leaving the room, all windows have to be shut and the light has to be switched off.
The house rules of the TU Berlin apply!